Friday, August 15, 2008

Lance at Leadville

Saturday, August 9th: Leadville The Race

I have followed the Tour since the days of Miguel and watched the Tour everyday of the 7 years that Lance won. Having never seen Lance at RAGBRAI, it was a thrill to see him in Colorado!

We just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

He looks great in his Livestrong jacket.The people behind Lance don't really see him-yet.
"Good luck Lance." I say as I pat him on the back.

Now they do.

Here is a glance at his rig. Riding a Trek, of course.




He is in there.

Race sponsor, Lance and Chris Carmichael, Lance's coach.

Christopher took this great shot.

Waiting for the countdown.


The gun was fired.

Such a pretty sight at 6:30 a.m.

Christopher caught them blasting through the first stop.

I was over a bit as he passed. He was in 7th at this point.
Off they go.

Dave Weins leads Lance over by the dam.
Heading for the finish 40 miles away.

This is the more gentle terrain that turned into a nice headwind.

Sunday, August 10th: Award Ceremony



Lance receives the goods. He will be back next year.

It was great to see him in person.
Now I can add my OWN pictures of him to my all Lance screen saver!

-Kim
You can do your own searches for more complete and detailed accounts of the race.

No comments: