Monday, July 14, 2008

Clear Lake Weekend

Here are some pictures and comments from the weekend.

My sister and I went up to Clear Lake for the Bikes, Blues and BBQ. There was a crit on Saturday and the good old road race on Sunday.

Low humidity equals very clear pictures.

That might translate to too harsh of shadows.

You don't have to have the entire bike.
Fill up the viewfinder with people.


Look for sweeping shots.

Take time to notice beautiful homes.
One of many that I saw. I could have taken hundreds of house pictures.

Look for the lighter moments.

Or, take the people out and go for close ups.

What kind of bush is this anyway?

Or this flower? Doesn't matter really.
The color is pretty good and the natural composition is good.


My favorite time of day. Near sunset.

It's all about lighting, composition and texture.
Check out lighting on the Wisconsin State Capitol

Great lighting.

Minor cropping brings in the action.

Sunday started at the Surf.


Facing west in the morning is not the best lighting.
Good morning Carl and good luck.

The light is harsh.

It's a good thing to keep your camera handy.
You never know what interesting thing will be going on.

I hope this wasn't a bike racers car.

Getting on the same level works out well. Especially with children.

Amanda looks great. However I should have moved so that cloud
didn't look like it is steaming out of her helmet.

Punk Rock girls are assessing the bad crash.
This would have been a better picture had I moved another step right.

That is why I take plenty of pictures.
Choices. If you only take one picture you will only have one picture to pick from.

Take care and take pictures,
Kim

1 comment:

Carl Buchanan said...

Great pictures Kim!!!!