Friday, July 18, 2008

Iowa Games Cycling TT 2008

Tonight's time trial marked the end to a very busy week. In spite of the work out it really is a stress reliever to do something. Elizabeth and I joined Kathleen, Solveig, Mike and then met up with Karen (and niece) and Rob S. down in Cambridge, Iowa for the Iowa Games Time Trial.

I believe each person has certain goals when riding or racing bikes. I always imagined that I too would have a goal or two should I be brave enough to try.

Tonight I was brave enough to try. After all it is only 12 miles on near flat road. I knew there were some good vibes when I picked up my number and it was "6".

Bike Tech did very well, each one of us bringing something home. Karen brought home gold, Mike (pr set) and Solvieg each brought home silver and I got the bronze!!! (Rob received gold too?) Way to go! 100% for the team!!

During the race I did quite a bit of praying. Praying that I wouldn't cause someone to fall, praying that I wouldn't have a heart attack, praying that the cramp in my calf wouldn't get too bad and cause me to fall. I'm glad Mike fixed my brake so it wouldn't slow me down anymore than I was going. Mike said had I pumped up my tires I could have done even better.

I am thankful for those that encouraged me as they passed by. Karen, Mike, Rob S., Lacey, Michelle. (They went past so fast that I didn't have time to utter a thanks or anything.) Thanks to Kathleen and Elizabeth who cheered me on.

Who would have believed that I would, could, and did a time trial. I guess you really can do anything.



I thank this unknown gentleman who inspired me for a whole year. I thought of you off and on and never forgot how you did your best. Thanks for your inspiration.
Take care and next time I'll take pictures.
-Kim

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim-
Girl you ROCK!! Awesome job getting the bronze! I am so happy for you!

Chris

john said...

Kim - There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you are better than you think you are - no doubt, we all are. There is a wonderful future out there for you.
Good job a the races.
John

karen said...

Kim ~ I'm so proud of you! You did a fantastic job. And just think ~ this is only the beginning. It's just going to get better. Keep on riding girl - I'm going to be looking for you on those Wed. night CF TTs this fall. Way to go!!
Karen

Peak Art said...

Thank you all for your great words of encouragement. It really wasnt too bad. With some improvements here and there the riding will be even more fun, I bet.

Mike Johnson said...

Great Job Kim! Knew you could do it.

Cheerleader said...

Congratulations Kim. Your first time trial debut and at State as well! Keep on training and next year you can do Cheq. with me :-)