Sunday, April 6, 2008

We Have Talent at Our Show!

One of our co-directors of the talent show teased our new principal for quite some time about his "number" for the show. After all our old principal always ended it with a folk dance. ;-) After a month of teasing our boss secretly got a cracker jack team of square dancers together, had one practice and called it good enough. At the end of the show the last number was announced very much to the delight of the students, staff and parents.

It was time to break out the old phonograph and dust it off for the square dance record.

Everyone is smiles when talking to the boss.


Now that the boss has left...more discussion is needed.

"By the way, we forgot to tell you something, you are the couple in front."
"No....not in front!!!! That's not how we practiced it. Turn the front to the back!"


"I wrote it on my hand so I won't forget"
I don't think she will have time to read her hand while dancing. Do you?

Show time. Big boss announces its time to break a leg.

The co-directors seem a bit worried. Can they really pull it off??
"I hope they really "Don't break a leg!""

It was a good idea to tape this. We can later prove it wasn't a dream
plus use the footage for retirement parties for years to come!

Waiting for the nod to go.


So far so good.

"Okay, which one of you stepped on my toe?"

The square... is not quite... square.
I guess that is what happens when the speed of the music "accidentally?" gets cranked up.

The boss is wondering why 3 couples have stopped dancing.
"What did you say? Oh, the music stopped."
"I didn't know they could dance did you?" "Yee Haw...I'm sure glad it wasn't me."

What a great way to finish the show and show that teachers really can have a lot of fun!!! Think what they could have done with one more practice. Go on tour?

Get out and take some pictures of whatever the occasion,
-Kim

1 comment:

Captain Bob said...

I bet that was awesome!