Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just Passing By

Spring has sprung and here is the proof. First photos of the spring classic race at Kent Park which is just west of Iowa City on Highway 6. I have passed by the entrance dozens of times but never drove in...till today. What a great county (?) park. I enjoyed seeing the bridges but I have to admit I was excited to see the race more. So excited that I plugged the adapter for my ipod into the lighter and wondered why there was no sound. After a few miles down the road when it occurred to me that I never plugged the thing into my ipod! I knew I wouldn't be able to stand listening to the radio for 90 min.!

Here is a series of four photos of the climb to the finish. To walk up one had to walk at quite a slant. Hard enough to walk let alone race a bike and pass people!

You can see Kathleen right behind the rider on the right in the red. 00:00:00
She sees her move as the Punk Rock Girls get out of the way.
Carey is right behind. 00:00:03 second later.

She pulls even with one girl. 00:00:0 5Now she is free and clear and you can see just a touch of a handlebar on the right edge of the picture. 00:00:07 Kathleen passed 4 people in 7 seconds on that killer hill!

I will post pictures of the team on the Bike Tech blog tomorrow. An update for the PEAK Art blog is coming soon.

Get out and take some pictures it's spring,
Kim

No comments: