Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reflection of What's Really Important


We should all take the time to play in puddles.

On the shores of Lake Michigan this last July.
This reminds me of another special time at Traverse Bay, Mi.
Elizabeth and I watched the beautiful sun set together. Then, when leaving to go back to the hotel another mother and daughter got on the same shuttle. The were probably 50 and 70ish. My daughter was only 4 and I'm not really saying how old I was, but I caught the eye of the mother and we shared just a flickering moment. Perhaps shared the same thought. "That was special, sharing one of nature's greatest shows with our girls?

Sailing on Lake Michigan, June 2005, by Racine, Wisconsin. I would rank this as one of the best time with Christopher. A quiet evening sail on Lake Michigan while watching the sun set with the lights of Racine turning on seemed very peaceful. We had a fun weekend together learning something very new. We don't have too much water in our neck of the woods.

One of my favorite times with Ben is going with him while he is golfing.
This picture is taken at Pheasant Ridge Golf course, July 2006, but my favorite round with him is at Crow Creek, by the North and South Carolina border. It was fun just to ride along in the cart and watch him play his favorite sport. It was very peaceful we only saw a couple of people out on the course as they had just aerated. The course was beautiful and you could smell the ocean.


What is really important? Hoping that you did your bit to instill values for the next generation. My hope and prayer? Try and make my own little corner of the world a little better. Even it is is a world of three people.
So I try and tell them and then I try and live it.
If you try and do your best, be kind to others, say thanks, encourage those around you and set goals for yourself you will have few regrets.
Take a moment and set your goals. What about this year, five years what about 10 years from now? Will you have many regrets that you didn't try or wasted your time? Or will you have satisfaction that you took the plunge what ever the outcome?
It is my turn to think and reflect and write down so I have those goals in a physical form.

These aren't terrible recent pictures but they are among my favorites. Here's to a NEW and FRESH new year. Happy Birthday to me.

1 comment:

john said...

Kim - I wish you and your goals the very best in your New Year.
John