Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Lowdown on the "L" Ride

I have made a decision not to become a hermit, though I can see that would be very easy to do, and get out with friends or family at least once a day. I am NOT counting trips to the bank as walking in the lobby raises my blood pressure. (Don't get me started. I am changing banks A.S.A.P. as I must think of my health and of my kids)

Thursday is the scheduled "L" ride. Paul decided to join so the "L" ride is officially called a "Low-key" ride. He will get in touch with his softer side. Recipe exchange, fashion and whatnot.


Kat is rounding up help for corner marshall's for the
State Team Time Trial in a couple weeks.Two of the nicest people. Amy, never says a negative thing.
Paul, my old coworker. Only 2 jobs ago.
Strange, one person showed up in the team kit.
Amy buzzes past the set-up for Sturgis Falls.
We are headed out the same was as a couple weeks ago.
Down to Hudson road, out west 1st Street,
south on Union Rd, west on 27th then back in through UNI and on home.
We take a recipe break to think.
Amy is thinking about heading out to the turn around
that they use for the 27th Street time trials.
She made it!! Proof is in the picture! Way to go Amy!!
Next time down to the T-intersection?


Scenes from last week. The "L" Ride = Ladies Ride
Jean, Sherry, Amy and Kat get ready to head south for the "L" ride.
This is what the "A" riders look like. They are getting ready for some throw downs!
We head out to Prairie Lakes.
Way to go Jean. We will see you next week.

Hopefully Mary, Jean and Judy will be able to join.
Anyone else that wants a nice easy ride. The more the merrier.

Take care and take pictures,
Kim

3 comments:

bluecolnago said...

i seriously had a great time last night. recipe exchange and talk of ice cream and baked goods.... mmmmm.....

bluecolnago said...

oh! you don't have to change the name of the ride on my account! :)

Cheerleader said...

Great photos Kim. It's great to get out and about. I forgot about the photos you took of those 'A' guys. However, where's the photo you took when we were on 27th Street and you were holding the camera out to the side while I was shouting "CAR"????