Sunday, October 19, 2008

Park Farm Winery


Sunday, October 19th, 2008

My coworker, Ann, and I were talking about fall leaf gazing trips the other day. She mentioned the Park Farm Winery that is located in her old neck of the woods. I asked my friend, Mary, if she wanted to go with me to find it. It was a gorgeous day for a drive as we set out.

We see the distinctive barn and knew we were in the right place.

Looking north we gaze at the vineyard.

Feelings of Tuscany come to mind as we take a closer look at the grapes.
The leaves are about at peak.

They are open for tasting...and buying.

Mary opens the beautiful doors.

The tasting room is a busy place.

Mary looked at the pictures.
I didn't have the chance. Next time.

Looking out the west windows at the scene from Italy....I mean Iowa.

Displayed like art are some of the offerings of Park Farm.

The barrel room seems pretty full.

We tasted whites and reds and chose a couple to bring home.

I always stop for pictures of fungi.


Relaxing the afternoon away. People brought their own picnic snacks.
The band was setting up. It was very peaceful and soothing.

Almost the best time of day for pictures.
See what a slight turn of the camera does for lighting?



Mary show good composition in these last two frames.The contrasts of the landscape, the motion of lines, lighting and texture
is what makes these pictures stand out.
Thanks Mary for taking these. I am proud to say that
I didn't jerk to a stop while saying..."Mary get the shot!"

Each season has plenty of opportunity for great pictures.
Get out there and take some,
-Kim

No comments: